Saturday, July 08, 2006

Real South Africans

I've been looking through more comments and I have found these which I find interesting.

TraceyJay said...

"... My story is simple really. Coloured 24 year old female South African. My grandfather was assassinated- political reasons. We were exiled for 6 years. I missed my country so much.... We came back and I was treated no longer as a second class citizen, the political system acknowledged me as a person and I was free. The country I came back to was now imprisoned by crime. I remember coming back to people being tyred by fire, and fridges blocking the roads on my way to school. 22 December 2004, I was raped and beaten. I spent Christmas in hospital. ... My grandfather didn't die for this. I am South African because I want to change what is not right. I am South African because I love its people and I love what makes us different, even though it may be scary. I am South African, because I know our past, and that if we came through all that, there is hope for the future. I volunteer at a baby's shelter. Not a big thing at all, but its the little things we do that contribute to a better society. I am vigilant and careful but not paranoid. I refuse to not live fully, and trust fully. ..."

11:30 AM, July 08, 2006

Rush said...
"Its hilarious how some call the younger generation or thos who are 20 or younger or even older "ignorant". These are the youth who have grown in up in this new South Africa. They are the ones who have faced the daily challenges of crime, poverty etc. So when a 20 year old takes a stand to be positive about South Africa he is labelled ignorant. ... Is South Africa perfect? No, but we're proud of it and will always be. Just to be part of this generation of South Africa is a privilege and honour. Before our eyes our country has changed for the better. You have a choice to be bitter about daily negatives or the choice to be positive about how far we have come and how far we will get in the future."

5:23 PM, July 07, 2006

I'd also like to thank Wayne Visser, co-author of "South Africa: Reasons to Believe" for his support.

Also, my 'tourist count' appears to be increasing. We now have contributors from the UK, USA, Japan, Spain and New Zealand.

To make reading of comments easier, please do not paste entire articles from news sites. Copy and paste the address from your address bar into your comment.

Also, I'm unable to answer questions asked in comments. I'll try, but it takes a while to read them all. Please email me. I'll put my address on the right hand side shortly.

Enjoy your afternoon.

12 Comments:

At 3:25 pm, July 08, 2006, Blogger Adrian said...

Keep it up, Addy. Nobody improved anything by being negative. Of course, we should be concerned about the crime rate - but would you work as a constable for less than R2000 per month? Go work for your community, don't slate it! We have one chance at getting South Africa right for everyone. Nobody has rights (except the right to equal treatment) but we all have responsibilities.

 
At 3:39 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it up mate. You are doing a good thing! You have support!
http://hoox.wordpress.com/2006/07/08/102/

 
At 6:09 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done adam, i think its great that you are standing up for something you believe in, instead of just complaining about the website to your friends you are actually trying to do something, and if everyone had that attitude then we would all be a lot better off!It is true that crime is a huge problem in SA and it is true that unfortunately I dont think the government is doing enough about it, but I feel the only way to tackle crime in SA is to try and alleviate poverty. So many crimes are committed out of sheer desperation. It is so easy for those of us in our burglar barred homes to sit back and complain about crime but I would like to see what some of those people would do if they were faced with the reality of their child starving to death and having absolutely no options open to them. People need to think of how we can make SA better together! And that website: I have never seen such blatent melodrama!does he even live in the same country as us!?its so unbelievable that he is proud that he has convinced tourists not to come to SA when tourism is one of the few things that could really benefit SA!!

 
At 9:40 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think it is good that you and Niel Watson from www.crimexposouthafrica.co.za are highlighting the pros and cons of South Africa - it is a beautiful country but as a South African living in the UK I really don't know how people living in South Africa and ecpecially my family put up with the constant threats, violence and fear that parts of South Africa suffer from - I personally would never move back to South Africa and people may say good ridence but something does need to be done about the problem as it is not going to get better by itself as the ANC have now had over 10 years in goverment and we all know how slow thier progress has been - I would love nothing more than for South Africa to be a safe country and prosper as many of us South Africans living abroad long and miss our former country and many of us would move back if things got better but at this rate it looks very unlikely and many of my friend who moved back are now again looking at leaving ..... such a pity.

 
At 9:58 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land" (II Chronicles 7:14).

 
At 10:18 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that someone sitting in in the UK claims to love this country so much that he would move when things have been made better by people who remained and have dome something about the crime in the country. Infact, I find that attitude selfish. Fix it for me, and will bask in your glory.
As far as I have heard, crime in the UK is getting worse and worse with many more incidents than previously reported.
Enjoy

 
At 10:35 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can vouch for the crime rate in the UK. I got home this evening and found my bicycle, locked in a "high security" block, stolen. Never in SA was anything of mine stolen.

 
At 11:09 pm, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Mr Watsons website is about letting victims tell the truth, (not the whitewashed rubbish the government influenced media reports), then is this blog about suppressing the truth about crime in SA? For all of you that wish to hide the violent crime prevalent in SA, shame on you have you no conscience? To all the companies that are offering all kinds of assistance to adolescent Addy to you I say to hell with your profits and money, human lives, all of them, are way more important. Careful Addy I can see you becomming the little smiling faced idiot on their billboards promoting a safe SA.

 
At 9:28 am, July 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Addy I am 100% behind you. What gets me with Mr Watson is that he is effectively profitering from the crime situation by raising his profile and whats up with the donations? He is as bad as a begger on the street or a child throwing a tantrum. Instead of screaming and shouting he should rather get out there and make a difference.

 
At 4:06 pm, July 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil Watson works for an Insurance company. What's the best way to sell insurance?? Through FEAR!!

Where does the R3 you are charged per SMS on his site go to????

 
At 6:04 pm, July 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To built a more Informative, Interactive site STUPID!!! That's where the R3.00 goes to !!..jeez some people got shit for brains!!

 
At 1:57 pm, August 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwahahaha. what a pathetic loser this anony-mouse character is. why do you people actually waste your time with this tosser? he won't listen to what you say and will twist anything you do to suite his purpose. he also seems to be in full support of this southafricaiscrap character. have you seen this crap blog? the author of it thinly veils his racism by referring to "new south africans" instead of using the word black. he doesn't even have the balls to follow through completely. and this anony-mouse character is in support of him and probably the africacrisis site the southafricaiscrap blog too. they're both unashamedly racist so what does this character's support of those sites make him?

you would waste time on a racist who believes that apartheid was actually a good thing? you would have an argument with someone who believes a falsehood like that?

to call him a loser is an insult to losers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home